THE MORRISTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY
PLEIN AIR FESTIVAL
Thursday, August 1st- Sunday, August 4th, 2019
The Morristown Public Library is pleased to announce our seventh Plein Air Festival, a four-day event where artists are invited to come into the community and paint the landscapes. There will be opportunities for the general public to Watch the Artists Paint, mingle with them at an evening social event and finally purchase their best work at the closing Silent Auction and Reception. There will be door prizes and entertainment, so mark your calendars! This is the social event of the season! See below for a timeline for the 2019 event:
- Thursday, August 1st:
- Artists arrive! Watch for them as they set up their easels to paint, maybe in YOUR yard!
- Friday, August 2nd:
- 10 am to noon, Frederic Remington Art Museum, OgdensburgMuseum educator Laura Desmond will introduce children 6-14 and their adult caregivers to the plein air paintings on display at the Remington Museum before moving outside to paint on the beautiful Museum grounds. All materials will be provided. $5 per family. Registration appreciated at 315-393-2425 or email@example.com
7 to 9 pm, Public Reception at the Frederic Remington Art Museum, OgdensburgThis fun, annual event is an opportunity for visiting artists to unwind and socialize with one another and with the public while enjoying the Museum's outstanding collection of original artwork by Frederic Remington. Artists are invited to paint en plein air as evening descends over the diverse and expansive grounds surrounding the Museum. Cash bar and snacks provided, $5 admission fee.
- Saturday, August 3rd:
- Artists will be within the village limits from noon until 3 pm.
- 8:30 - 10:30 am: "Chapman's View" Paint Out at the Chapman Mansion, 903 Northumberland Street. Watch the artists as they compete for $200 cash prize for best in show sponsored by Ella's Restaurant. Juror of Awards Kathleen Kelly.
- 9:00 - noon: ANNUAL BOOK and BAKE SALE at the library, 200 Main St., Morristown
- Sunday, August 4th: A Silent Auction and Reception is open to the public at Bella-Brooke Vineyard and Winery, 2989 CR 6, Hammond, NY from noon until 3:00 p.m. Each participating artist will submit up to 3 paintings for judging of awards and silent auction. There is a $1 cover charge to attend this event. Door prizes will be drawn throughout the afternoon. Live music will entertain artists and collectors alike for a few hours during the auction. The vineyard's gourmet hot dog truck will be available for visitor's to purchase lunch. First, Second, Third, Honorable Mention Bounty of the County Award, People's Choice and Artist's Choice Awards will be announced around 2 pm. We are thrilled to announce our Juror of Awards this year as Carolyn Noble.