PLEIN AIR MORRISTOWN
QUICK-DRAW COMPETITION – AUGUST 4, 2018
The event grounds are open during this event and the general public is encouraged to visit the artists at their easels
QUICK DRAW CASH AWARDS:
First Place Ella’s Restaurant Award $200
Second Place Honorable Mention Award $100
1. Boundaries – The geographic location of the Quick Draw Competition is the Morristown Bay side of the McDonald property and Chapman Point.
2. Artists may choose their site and set up their equipment before the Competition officially begins at 8:30 a.m. The canvas or other support must be pre-stamped by the library.
3. At 8:30 a.m. the artist begin to create en plein air! The artists must start with nothing pre-drawn. A wash is acceptable as is a pencil sketch. Create the quick draw artwork
by 10:30 a.m.
4. It is expected that should the paintings executed during this time be offered for sale to the public, the 30% commission will be paid to the library net 30 days.
5. All artists must have their completed, framed artwork at the Morristown Public Library by 11 a.m. Artists must provide an easel for judging and display. Judging will take
place between 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Juror of Awards is Kathleen Kelly.
6. All artwork must be picked up between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
7. Winning pieces must be on display indoors at Sunday’s show and sale.
8. Participation in this event is voluntary. Artists are not contractually obligated to compete in the Quick Draw Competition.