THE MORRISTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY
PLEIN AIR FESTIVAL
Thursday, August 2nd - Sunday, August 5th, 2018
The Morristown Public Library is pleased to announce our sixth Plein Air Festival, a four-day event where artists are invited to come into the community and paint the landscapes. There will be opportunities for the general public to Watch the Artists Paint, mingle with them at an evening social event and finally purchase their best work at the closing Silent Auction and Reception. There will be door prizes and entertainment, so mark your calendars! This is the social event of the season! See below for a timeline for the 2018 event:
- Thursday, August 2nd:
- Artists arrive!
- Friday, August 3rd:
- Visit as many artists as you can throughout the day and pick up one door prize ticket at each artist's site. Rules for winning door prizes will be on the can with the tickets. Remember these artists are working under extreme time constraints. PLEASE BE ULTRA-RESPECTFUL!
Join us at 7:00 p.m. for lectures, tours and refreshments at the Frederic Remington Art Museum, 303 Washington Street, Ogdensburg, NY. The public reception at the museum has been dubbed a "nocturne", which refers to a painting depicting an evening or night-time scene. Artsits of all skill levels are invited to paint en plein air as evening descends. Cash bar, snacks and music. $5 entry fee.
- Saturday, August 4th:
- a.m.: continue to visit artists as Friday. They will be within the village limits from noon until 3 pm.
- 8:30 - 10:30 am: "Chapman's View" Paint Out at the Chapman Mansion, 903 Northumberland Street. $200 cash prize for best in show sponsored by Ella's Restaurant. Juror of Awards Kathleen Kelly.
- 9:00 - noon: ANNUAL BOOK and BAKE SALE at the library, 200 Main St., Morristown
- Sunday, August 5th: A Silent Auction and Reception is open to the public at Bella-Brooke Vineyard and Winery, 2989 CR 6, Hammond, NY from noon until 3:00 p.m. Each participating artist will submit up to 3 paintings for judging of awards and silent auction. There is a $1 cover charge to attend this event. Door prizes will be drawn throughout the afternoon. Live music will entertain artists and collectors alike for a few hours during the auction. First, Second, Third, Honorable Mention Bounty of the County Award, People's Choice and Artist's Choice Awards will be announced around 2 pm. We are thrilled to announce our Juror of Awards this year as Christine Collins.